After some damn hot days 3-4 weeks back I wanted to know exactly how hot it was both inside our house and in the Mancave/shed. I found this webpage and bought way more 1-Wire sensors than needed. All up I bought 10 DS18S20’s, 9 ttl to USB convertors, 5 water proof probes (DS18S20’s included) and 2 RS-323 serial probes (DS18S20’s included). I have 2 low powered Open-WRT devices that now have sensors connected to them via USB to TTL convertors – a wireless router and a HP T5510, both have a squeezeslave client and a security webcam. Project Summary The Continue Reading →
During this post, I bought an additional keychain (which I backed up the firmware first). Anyway… The model/manufacturer is: Zipp DP605. Found a modified firmware here, mirrored here fw_disp_delightdigi_black_NEW_Zipp, Cheers superelchi and mumianex. I’ve also change the python script and lcd4linux.conf for lower CPU usage and scrolls when more than 8 are detected. Available here, and the original firmware is here full_Zipp_original. Update: 9-6-2013 I have purchased 2 more DPF keychains, another Kasier Bass, and a generic one from Target. This is the original firrmware for the new Kaiser Bass (noticeable because the logo’s have changed) Cheers.
Thanks to a very generous teacher at an educational institute (cheers Trevor), I now have a Raspberry Pi (model B) for testing. I’ve been interested in this project: Porting LinuxMCE MD to Raspbian, and hopefully will contribute when I have time to test/compile. To check the CPU/GPU speed, I tried installing Quake3. Had to compile from source code to fix library errors, and about an hour later, I had some Y2K era gaming fun. The FPS are a little laggy, but still enjoyable. Next tried an XMBC distro XBian. Initial play back was smooth, but then decayed and the audio Continue Reading →
I bought a HP T100RX last year, but when testing it, it’s alarm activated for seemingly no reason after about a week. So it was considered faulty and to be disposed of. The recent power spikes and bad weather lead me to look at it again, which lead me to this page: FIRMWARE UPGRADE RECOMMENDED In Summary: “T1000XR and T1500XR UPS with Firmware Version 2.00 or T2200XR UPS with Firmware Version 2.02 May Falsely Report Fan Failure and Shut Down After Running for Several Weeks” So I applied the firmware update from a windows XP machine, then spent 45 minutes Continue Reading →